Wednesday, January 10, 2024

WIP Wednesday - October Cottage


Our number 6 UFO was chosen for our group challenge this month. I have now fully kitted it up after diving into other projects to find the necessary threads. The cottage is the largest part of these patterns, so I have started from the middle and gone to the left to do the cottage first. Once the cottage is done, I will divide the pattern up into four - top border, month, tree and bottom border and I should be able to do one of the sections a day.


I have decided on a loose plan for my WIPs. Week 1 of the month, I can work on whatever I want and week 2 it is time to start and finish my chosen UFO.  Weeks 3 and 4 are still being thought about and any days left at the end of the month (apart from February) are to start one of the other UFOs. I have learnt from previous mistakes and all of my UFOs for the challenge are small cross stitch patterns and clothes.


I am also going to work on a different cross stitch pattern at my Wednesday morning group and the first one will be Resting Witch Face by Hands on Design. It has blocks of colour so counting should be easy whilst chatting! I made a start on it last week and also worked on it during a LONG Zoom session.





No comments: