Monday, January 22, 2024

Monday make - Easter tiered tray


 

Last Friday and Saturday I attended this event on Zoom.  As a beginner machine embroiderer, it was a steep learning curve but one of the lady's had the same machine as me and helped me out a couple of times.



The kits are very comprehensive with a beautiful booklet with detailed instructions and pictures for the pieces being stitched over the two days - eight in all.


I haven't finished any of Friay's projects yet, but I finished the four from Saturday during the class - one quilted carrot, carrot coop frame, bunny kisses pillow and the bunny basket.


An in person class was being run at the same time as the virtual class and I found Friday very tiring due to the level of noise being picked up from the in person class. They sounded like they were having fun. On Saturday, the host turned herself to mute, which was a great improvement.



On Sunday, I finished two further carrots and a mug rug. The mug rug wasn't in the kit, but I purchased it after the class as a digital dealer download. I was chuffed to include a scrap of pleather for the middle bunny, and it stitched out brilliantly.


I even remembered to add a little tag to the tiny basket. This was the last project I did on Saturday and attendees had complained about turning it the right way out, and they were right, it was fiddly.



The tray is definitely a work in progress. I have purchased and downloaded another digital dealer exclusive and plan to work on that today. I am busy prepping for a Guild taster day that I've organised for this Saturday. Each day, I'm prepping one project for the taster day and making or finishing one item for my tiered tray.


No comments: