Friday, December 31, 2021

Friday Finish - December 2021

 







 

Not much got done in December, ten days of a cold and two days in London didn't help. I didn't stitch the Sydney block for the ATW BOM but that's on my 2022 UFO challenge list. I need to redo the plane block and replace a portion of another block.


The Cookie Exchange was a three week sewalong with Hands on Design. I did finish the stitching but I haven't turned it into a fully finished piece to display.




I stitched three Clarence Gnomes for  Moss & Lotus' sewalongs. The theme this year was #sewagnomegiveagnome2021 I made a cushion for myself and my daughter and a block for my friend Jane. Jane also turned hers into a cushion.



I am still sewing along with free block Friday and have ten blocks sewn. The last two blocks are more complicated and I plan to finish those in 2022.



I have finished the 2012 Prairie Schooler Santa and now have 17 out of 38 Santas complete. I need to decide how to finish these and fully finish those that I have finished so that they can be displayed next year. I hope to stitch one Santa per month in 2022 and there are an additional three Santas on my 2022 UFO challenge list. If I keep on track, that would be 15 more complete and just 6 more to stitch in 023.



The first part of Barbara Ana's mystery sal with Creative Poppy was released in mid November but I have only really stitched on it over the past week. It is only a small piece to fit in a 7" x 7" frame. 


I plan to stitch some more on this piece over the long weekend. I want to finish the gold stars along the top of the piece next along with the mountains and buildings. My approach has been very arbitrary but if I plan to finish section two (the top first) and then I can work on the girl (part thee) and then the bottom trees and buildings (part one)



I have also knit four hats for my daughter for herself and to gift to two friends. I hope she doesn't want any more for the time being. Lizzie flew back to Aberdeen yesterday and took my old Bernina with her. She is also visiting a flat today to move into at the end of January.


I will share with you my 2022 UFO challenge list on Monday and hope that once the first number is chosen tomorrow, I will find a little more focus.

No comments: