Wednesday, July 08, 2020

WIP Wednesday - Hex on the Beach



This is the WIP chosen for us to work on in July and I fear that WIP Wednesday is going to be a bit repetitive this month. The end of this project is in sight but I'm having to work on it for about 2 to 4 hours each day to either make a block or sew a row onto the main piece. That doesn't leave much spare time for working on anything else.





As of this morning I have just three complete blocks to piece and two blocks on which I need to fix some mistakes. Over half of the quilt is sewn together. I have even started looking at photo of how Angela Walters quilt Tula Pink's quilt with a thought to free motion quilting it. Eek.


You can see from today's photo that there are fewer gaps to fill. I have written a 20 stage plan to finish the quilt top and have finished 7 of the stages by just doing one item per day. It may seem like overkill but it's working so far but I am worried that I will burn out before the end of the month.

In other news I have ordered some Tula Pink True Colours for my Tattoo Quilt and if that arrives this week, I may have a block to show you next week!!

No comments: