Friday, July 10, 2020

Friday finish - Rainbow Dreams



The #rainbowdreamssal has been a perfect lockdown project - rainbows and a simple but striking pattern.


Some of the fabrics that I chose for this project had barely enough yardage to make the 13 rainbow blocks, but in the end, I only had to seam one square together and it is barely visible. It is good to use up scraps and remember earlier projects that they were used in.


With strip piecing and only three different blocks to the project, the blocks were simple to put together.


I dived into my recently organised stash of backings and this vintage Ikea print was the perfect size. I even changed the label with the measurements of the smaller piece left.


The grey Carolyn Friedlander fabric is a favourite backing of which I have oodles of scraps so again it was good to find sufficient for blocks and borders.


I used a blocky pantograph called Circuits to long arm quilt this baby quilt and as it is a baby quilt, I machine stitched the binding on for longevity when washed.


A pleasing finish. I must have a look at more of the projects in the book.

No comments: