Wednesday, July 15, 2020

WIP Wednesday - Hex on the Beach II




Last Wednesday my Hex on the Beach quilt by Tula Pink looked like this.  A few blocks still to be pieced or fixed and the rows have been sewn down to the bright green hexagons. Yesterday I hit a milestone and all of the blocks are now pieced and fixed. I had to take out four hexagons that I had pieced in the wrong shade of blue but I was on a roll and got on with it.


You can now see much more clearly how the final quilt will look. This morning I have sewn two rows together. The last row I added to the top portion took four hours to stitch, but I got these two rows done in under two hours. Going forward my plan is to piece two rows together on quiet days and on busy days I have two rows that need the blocks to be stitched into a row. 


I haven't run out of steam yet and should get the top pieced, if not quilted by the end of the month. I have a piece of Tula Pink handmade for the backing but I need to choose and order some binding now. I'm off to google which Tula stripe others have used.

1 comment:

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

So beautiful. I can't resist these Tula colors and her dot fabrics are my go to for so many things!