Monday, July 20, 2020

Monday make - Love


I took a break from hexagons over the weekend and stitched up the August / September block for the Tattoo Quilt by @happysewlucky. I only have a metre and one fat quarter of the background fabric so I am not adding the borders at this point. I mistakenly used the orange for lettering and it should have been white but I had almost finished the letters so I decided to roll with it and there is more contrast in real life.

I was driving myself mad looking for the one metre piece to finish the block and searched high and low in my sewing room. I enlisted the help of my daughter and she found it downstairs next to my PC. What a relief and I was very grateful for her efforts.






































That makes two blocks out of 11 so far. If I our local retreat happens in November and a UK based retreat in September, I will probably take these blocks to work on instead of the half a dozen simpler projects as I would normally do.

No comments: