Friday, July 03, 2020

Friday finish - Stitch on banner







Whilst waiting impatiently for my Tattoo quilt from Sew Hot, I decided to make this Stitch On banner, also by @happysewlucky. It turned out very well and highlighted once again what a good pattern designer Berene is. She puts a star next to any points that have to match up which is a feature I haven't seen in other patterns. I used a knitting needle from which to hang my banner. I love the background and fortunately purchased a couple of yards from Gather Here in Boston.


My Tattoo kit did arrive and I have now printed all of the patterns ready to start sewing. However I am going to wait for UK shops to receive their Tula Pink All Stars delivery and add some into the mix with the Kona solids. I have put the patterns in a folder along with the fabric ready to go in a couple of weeks time. The start date of the sewalong has been moved to 1 July, so I should be able to get the first block finished by 1 August in time to sew block 2 with everyone else.


But the best news of last week was our daughter was given permission to fly on a Government repatriation flight from the UK to come home. She was tested at the airport for Covid and we had to self isolate until Saturday afternoon when her negative test result came through within 30 hours. She was then able to enjoy her birthday on Sunday with lunch out, a visit to see her grandparents and a Google Hangout superheroes quiz with her friends. This is her costume that she made with some of my stash for the Red R and covered buttons for earrings to become Jessie of Team Rocket (Pokemon).

No comments: