Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Retreat plans Trip around the World

The first finish of last weekend was a Trip around the World quilt top using my pre prepped strips. It is only four foot square but it's a good  lap quilt size.


My aim was to have a dark blue cross with low volume strips either side. The strips came together quickly and I finished the quilt top early on Saturday morning.


I packed my three finished projects in my hand luggage, leaving my sewing machine and goody bag with purchases to come home on the ferry on Wednesday evening with Kim.



That meant that I could quilt the quilt top today using Superior Thread's King Tut in De Nile. I will trim the quilt tomorrow and cut the binding so it's ready to bind on Thursday. This afternoon I am going to see Book Club at the cinema. I might try and load another project to quilt this evening,


No comments: