Saturday, June 09, 2018

Retreat plans 2

@pommesdeterre is organising a scrappy trip around the world sewalong on Instagram. So I have jumped down that rabbit hole. I selected green, turquoise, low volume  and navy scraps and fat quarters from my stash. I then cut strips for sixteen blocks and organised them by colour into IKEA ziplock bags.


The plan was to pack these for retreat in the bags but I soon realised that the sewalong timetable meant that I should have put my strips into block sets.


So I drew one strip from each bag at random and put them into 16 bundles ready to sew. You know that it was too tempting, so I did sew a couple of strip sets together and have two finished blocks as well. They are now ready to pack along with thread and my 2.5" wide ruler and the instructions from the Quiltville blog. Two more projects still to prep along with my sewing machine. 


No comments: