Sunday, February 01, 2015

ALYoF - February 2015

 
 
My Q1 FAL plan says I should be working on Orbit this month but I need to finish Aviatrix so I'll do that first and then quilt Orbit. I went to add the final butterfly border to my quilt at my Guild's UFO day last month and I was one block short. Fortunately I hadn't yet discarded the templates for cutting the irregularly shaped wings, so I need to cut and sew one light orange block, add it to the existing border, sew on the butterfly border and the last grey border. Then quilt and bind it. And all before the end of the month for it to be entered into the local Eisteddfod.
 
 
 
My smaller project for this month will be my UK mini swap New York Beauty quilt. This is bound and just needs the centre circle taken off and made smaller, quilted and it's done. I'm also entering this one in the Eisteddfod. Perhaps I should work on that today?

5 comments:

Bethany said...

This is all looking very lovely and colorful!! I cannot wait to see it all finished!

Lynette said...

Those butterfly blocks sure are pretty.

Anita said...

The colours drew me right in! This quilt will be wonderful. Good luck! (Visiting from ALYOF)

Lucy said...

i love your color choices www.crazyforpurple.com

skyberries said...

I love these gorgeous bright colours!