I was going to make a chocolate cola Bundt originally and indeed I did a test run last week, but I wasn't satisfied with the result, though it was judged delicious by my canasta playing WI friends. I would have liked to call this a Crunchie Bundt but I thought that might infringe trademarks, but you know what I mean.
I paired a simple chocolate Bundt with shop bought toffee sauce and homemade honeycomb. It was baked in the Nordic Ware heritage pan which slightly resembles a honeycomb.
Start with making your honeycomb:
200g of caster sugar
4 tbsp. golden syrup
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Grease a tin - I used a silicon cake pan as I thought it would be easier to get out. And I was right. Put the sugar and golden syrup into a large saucepan and melt them together over a low heat until all of the sugar crystals are melted. Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon. This took a few minutes but eventually they melted and started to colour. Turn up the heat until the mixture turns amber. Turn off the heat and add your bicarbonate of soda. Mix to incorporate, watch the magic happen as the mixture froths and foams and carefully pour into your greased tin.
Leave to cool whilst you make the Bundt.
300g self raising flour
1 tbsp baking powder
450g caster sugar
450g caster sugar
225g butter or margarine
4 medium eggs
250 ml honey yogurt
1 tsp chocolate extract
Preheat your oven to 180degrees Centigrade. Put all of the ingredients into the bowl of your mixer in the order above. The wetter and heavier ingredients on the top will stop the cocoa and flour from filling the kitchen. Now mix for a few minutes on low until well combined. The extra baking powder enables you to do an all in one method without the cake being heavy.
Pour into your greased tin. I used Dr Oetker cake release spray and Nordicware's Heritage Bundt tin. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes until a knife or skewer inserted into the cake, comes out clean.
Leave the cake to cool in the tin for ten minutes before turning out onto a cake rack. Gather your caramel sauce, Bundt and honeycomb.
I then put the honeycomb into some parchment paper and broke it up using a rolling pin. I drizzled the sauce over the cake and piled on the broken honeycomb.
Enjoy!! My daughter has told me it's delicious but as I'm allergic to chocolate I've resisted trying some myself. I know I can rely on Lizzie to tell me if my cake's not up to scratch.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are February's Chocolate themed Bundt Bakers:
- Apricot Almond Bundt Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache by Cassandra at Cassie's Kitchen
- Blackforest Bundt Cake by Anshie at SpiceRoots
- Bundt Cake de Cerveza Negra by Lara at Tartacadabra
- Chocolate and Almonds Bundt Cake by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate and Lavender Bundt Cake by Aisha at La Cocina de Aisha
- Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake by Beatriz & Mara at I love Bundt Cakes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bundt Cake by Julie at Eat, Drink, and Be Mighty
- Chocolate Crumb Bundt by Catherine at Living the Gourmet
- Chocolate Custard Floating Island Bundt Cake by Jelena at A Kingdom For a Cake
- Chocolate Honeycomb Bundt by Sue at Just Sew Sue
- Chocolate Irish Cream Bundt by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake by Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker
- Chocolate Pound Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Strawberry Pound Cake by Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cider White Chocolate Bundt Cake with White Chocolate Glaze by Patricia at Patty's Cake
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Bundt Cake by Linda at Brunch with Joy
- Devil's Food Chocolate Bundt Cake by Tanya at DessertStalking Blog
- Double Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake by Carola at En La Cocina de Caro
- False Chocolate Bundt Cake by Anna at Media RaciÛn Doble, Por Favor
- Guava and Chocolate Bundt by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- How the Grinch Stole Valentine's Day by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Kickin Chocolate Bundt Cake by Kaylin at Keep it Simple, Sweetie
- Lemon Glazed White Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake Mini Bundts by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Mars Bar Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Marshmallows Chocolate Bundt Cake by Shilpi at SimplyVeggies
- Quadruple Chocolate Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Red Velvet Bundt with White Chocolate Roses by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Sacher Bundt Cake by Esti at Mummy & Cute
- Spicy Chocolate Mini Bundt Cake by Rocio at Kids & Chic
- Triple Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Tunnel of Fudge Bundt Cake by Rebekah at Making Miracles
- White Chocolate & Raspberries Bundt Cake by Samantha at Un Mordisco Un Pecado