Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Centenary baton arrives

 
Progress is being made - Aviatrix is ready to be quilted. I don't have enough fabric to bind the quilt so I have ordered more of the Essex linen in steel to finish it. Not that it will even be quilted by the time my order has arrived. Jane has finished with my long arm - her poor husband didn't even get a lift to the airport so that she could finish it today. I now have to work out what backing I bought to use for this quilt.
 
 
The WI centenary baton is doing a tour around England, Wales and the islands and today it arrived in Jersey - 12 hours late due to bad weather yesterday evening. we didn't get taken on a tour in the vintage cars, but they make a lovely back drop for photos of our reception at Government House today. of course in true WI fashion, the reception was followed by lunch at the Ambassadeur Hotel. Tomorrow evening the baton is being hosted at a ceilidh.
 
Off to look at last year's blog posts to see if I can work out which backing I should use for Aviatrix.

3 comments:

Pippa Parsons said...

Ohhh you look lovely and the sun shone :)

Pippa Parsons said...

Ohhh you look lovely and the sun shone :)

Betty said...

Pippa's absolutely right!
Finished the aviatrix? Love it!