Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The end of baton week

 
One little Moda Building block done and seven more to go - all of which are either very big or more complicated. I simplified this one and combined two flying geese units into a square. This also helped me control the directional cream print.
 
 
Today the NFWI centenary baton left Jersey on its way to Guernsey. Yesterday was busy with Hel's Belles' afternoon tea at Cafe Firefly at Durrell and two WI meetings in the evening. I took the baton from the afternoon tea to the meetings so I had a busy evening and it was interesting to see how members reacted. it has definitely been an impetus for some memorable events. This photo was taken with Lee Durrell and the bronze of Gerald Durrell in the ground of Durrell.

Now I need to prepare for my WI meeting this evening and collect the key, then tomorrow I can focus on sewing the binding on my quilted Aviatrix top. Then I think the only Eisteddfod item that needs tweaking is a cushion that needs some poppers to close the back. first I need to find the poppers - I found the tool last week and some pink poppers, but I need teal, red or white.

No comments: