My quilt photographer assistant is still at work, so this photo will have to suffice for now. I finished this top, probably not long into 2010, I started quilting it on my longarm with thoughts of beautiful custom feathers, but I haven't ventured far from using the Prostitcher edge to edge designs yet. so it was taken off the machine and abandoned on the top of the wardrobe until this month.
I love the centre feathered star block of this quilt and I have to admit to falling back in love with this quilt now it's finished. I must find a home for it as I have too many quilt (finished and in progress).
These six inch stars made up of lots of half square triangles were a challenge, but I love how their scrappy colours helps pull the quilt together. I used fabrics from about four different Thimbleberries programmes to make the quilt and only ran out of the blue binding fabric, but a member of Kim's TB2 group came to my aid.
I used a flowering vine pattern to quilt the piece and was inspired by several of the fabrics I used to choose this new pattern. The quilt is now ready for entry into our local Eisteddfod needlework section in March.
Come back on 1 February to see what I have planned to work on in February.