I have successfully sewn the bindings to the front of two quilts this week and I have even hand sewn the binding on all four sides on the Thimbleberries quilt which is about 80 inches square. I used a blue print which had been used in the centre of the quilt in sashings. I like this quilt more than I expected now that it's almost finished. Now I just need to sew in a few ends which I marked with a pin as I quilted it.
I also found the rainbow stripe that I bought at the Festival of Quilts in 2014 and even better there were almost enough strips already cut to bind the New York Beauty mini. That will wait until my next morning guild meeting which is the perfect opportunity for doing hand sewing. Then I'll just have a few ends to sew in and the centre will need to be removed, rectified and quilted.
I've even made progress on my Christmas bunting which now just needs blocking once I've washed out the mister I need to do the job.