Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Simply Solids swaps now up to date

Simply solids Amaranth July

Yesterday was a satisfying trip to the Post Office to post a thank you card for the lovely haberdashery, the Sewing Room swap (photos to follow once it's arrived) and three months of Simply Solids swaps - only one of which was late and one is early.

Firstly we have the curvy block for Alice, which I have avoided as I don't really wing it. however I came up with my own method which worked brilliantly. I placed two rectangles of fabric on top of each other and cut a curve down the middle. Then I sewed two pairs together. Repeat several times and then when it came to sewing pairs together, I stacked the pieces again and cut and joined. Really pleased with this one.

Amaranth August
 
This one was harder than July's and I'm not happy with the centre points but I unpicked it more than I usually would so had to call it finished. This was pieced in four quarters but may have been better as two foundation pieced halves. All those points converging was never going to be easy.
 

Amaranth simply solids bee September
 
And lastly Amy's block for September was improve which is out of my comfort zone again but I'm pleased with the results. note to self - start with a bigger centre. I trimmed the block before posting so I stitched 1/8" in all the way around the block to minimise stretch.
 
Tomorrow I'll share my Deckade the Halls blocks which are now up to date but today I need to load up a customer quilt on the long arm and finish it no later than tomorrow. Then I have another customer quilt to quilt and then I can work on my own projects.

1 comment:

Jo Jo said...

I love all these Simply Solids bee blocks - wish I had been able to join it. Hope all's wel in sunny Jersey this morning x