Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Catching up with commitments

Social tote ready for binding

I have decided that this is the week to catch up with my sewing commitments. I think I have the following to do:
Sewing room swap
Siblings Together block for July
Simply Solids for July and August

Alongside these commitments I want to catch up with the Deckade the Halls sew along. The seventh part was published on Monday and I have completed the first four.

Yesterday I decided the most important one to do was the social tote for the large item for the sewing room swap. I had the pattern all ready and I bought the fabric at Fat Quarterly Retreat. It all went swimmingly until I came across a piece that wouldn't fit no matter how much I stretched it. In the end I think it is 1" short and there's a typo on the pattern so I added a little piece of another fabric to make it work. Our guild meeting last night was surprisingly short, so I managed to fit in another hour last night. It is now ready for the binding to be hand stitched tonight and I hope there's some half decent telly to watch whilst I do it.

Decade the Halls part 7

Today I decided to work on the September Amaranth block as it seemed an easy one and then I'd get ahead along with the Trim the Tree block (part 7) for the Deckade the Halls. I chose this block as it also looked easy to put together. I was right and got the trees made quickly and then started on the August Simply Solids block which I should finish tomorrow.

Amaranth simply solids bee September

The September block for Amy is improv. Eek. Not my thing at all. However it's finished and I'm happy with it. Another time I need to remember to start with a larger piece in the middle as this is a 15" block. Ready to pop in the post.

Unfortunately we are no further on with our kitchen as the red glittery splashback had a chip in it. No amount of persuading would get me to agree to take it so there's another two to three week wait for a replacement.

Tomorrow I plan to do the gifts part of the Deckade the Halls sew along and finish the August Simply Solids block which is about 60% done already. I also need to locate the pieces for the ST2 block which I started about three weeks ago. I found one piece so the others must be close by.

No comments: