Monday, April 23, 2012

Zakkalong

My copy of zakka style arrived last week. I took it to France with me along with another new book, free expression by Robbi Joy Eklow. I visited the Pour l'Amour du Fil in Nantes with Kathy and Jackie. Photos to follow. However I can tell you that the fabric was very expensive.

Inspired by 1159studio on Flickr, I used a fat quarter of Hometown by Sweetwater, some linen bought at Tissus Myrtille in Brittany, some self cover buttons from the same shop and some vintage crochet trim from the show to make this pin cushion from the zakka style book.







I am going to make four more of these for the Sample swap at the Fat Quarterly retreat in June. The buttons are all covered and one more is ready to stuff and finish.

I have also made great strides on my swoon quilt which just needs some smashing sewn on to the blocks. Half of the blocks for my hopscotch quilt are also sewn. However I have several quilts for quilting on my long arm waiting for me and two more to collect at Caesarea Quilters tonight.

Location:Zakkalong

No comments: