Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Getaway challenges

Prior to the event there were three challenges announced. fortunately we had until 2 pm Sunday to complete these for entry into randowm draws.
#1 Badge with octagon base - I didn't do this one.
#2 Sketch layout based on 8
#3 Layout with eight requirements

Pre crop challenge #2

I used product I'd taken with me along with the wooden letters from the Friday class.

Pre crop challenge #3


I used a layout from Liz's Chinese Whispers group to do this layout. I won a prize from the random drawing for this. The tickets were pinned to the layout, so Katie called out the title. Or not in this case!!

Prize


A lovely selection of Basic Grey So Sophie and My Minds Eye Stella Rose. This may appear as a challenge at the forthcoming Hen Party crop.

There were also three more challenges from the weekend:
mini book make and take - not sure where it is but I did finish it
Group photo challenge using a sheet of kraft and white cardstock provided with anything left over from your classes. A challenge indeed.
Eight sketch challenges - well done to Lisa and Katie who completed all eight. deserved winners in the random drawing.

Group photo challenge



Thanks to rubina for the loan of her MS punch.

Sketch challenge


This is the photo I had originally chosen for the how tweet class.

Last but not least, the one other layout I finished over the weekend which only needed journalling and the word strips. Pathetic but finished.



Whilst I travelled pretty light this time, I could have left behind my swimming costume (I was convinced there was a pool I'd never used) and the Sketch Support half finished layouts which filled half an art bin.

I loved this weekend for all seven of the classes which I loved from the start and had no need to alter, the group photo and the portfolio of all the class handouts.

I was also pleased to meet Wendy who follows my blog for sewing stuff and who I hope to have persuaded to come to London in June. However she has started me on a new project which I will post about later in the week.

No comments: