Monday, September 30, 2024

Monday BOGOF

 

I don't know if BOGOF (buy one get one free) is a universally understood phrase but I am feeling the love for these two projects. Whilst on holiday earlier this month, I realised I needed more light cotton summer dresses. A Jersey dress is just much warmer than I needed. 

I purchased this very light denim with stars fabric from Stitch Fabric at the Festival of Quilts 2024 and the Cassie dress from emporia Sewing Patterns at the 2023 show. I hope it's a match made in heaven. I toiled the bodice and altered my paper pattern. The fabric is cut out and ready to be sewn together.  I have not cut the third tier yet as I don't want a long skirt so will adjust the width of the tier accordingly.


Having cut out the dress, I then moved onto cutting out the pieces for my sneaker kit which was a Christmas project with my daughter in 2022. I repurposed the Fabulous! labels from my original attempt and next I need to cut the holes in the uppers and tongues ready to stitch to the base. I will use my Big Green Machine for this and then there are some eyelets to add too. Unfortunately, this is my September UFO so it needs to be finished today!

I am hoping that my October UFO will the Christmas Tiny Town cross stitch which is almost complete. I am also going to load a customer quilt onto my long arm today so I can work on it tomorrow.

No comments: