Monday, September 23, 2024

Back from Holiday

We returned home a week ago from a European river cruise starting in Dusseldorf and finishing in Budapest. Continuing family crises have meant very little crafting whilst on holiday and since our return. 



The only project I've worked on over the last three weeks is Christmas Tiny Town by Heart in Hand. Having worked from the centre out to the left and right, I am now working from the left and completing all of the motifs apart from the buttons and backstitching. This is not a big piece, and I have made so many mistakes and ripped out numerous problems.


One of our first ports of call was Koblenz where we passed two quilt shops which I had to visit! Lizzie suggested this window display was a bit pants.


I did support the German economy and bought the black fabric for the borders of my Pumpkins and Potions ladder quilt and the Tabby Road fabric because I was late to the party as usual and have missed out on Tabby Road Deja Vu by Tula Pink.


Later on in our holiday, I visited a TK Maxx and was delighted to find two Rae Dunn mugs. The deep orange mug is for my daughter Lizzie, and I am keeping the neutral mug.


Our thoughts are with all of the people displaced in Europe who have been affected by the river flooding. We missed a stop in Bratislava so as to keep ahead of the flood waters and were fortunate to make it to Budapest from where we flew home. Our cases were kindly routed to our final destination by British Airways despite not having a through ticket and we were also upgraded to business class on our Budapest to London Heathrow sector which was much appreciated. Though the free drinks are wasted on me.

No comments: