Monday, September 02, 2024

Packing for my holiday - the crafty edition

Do you pack crafty projects when you go on holiday? When we used to rent a villa in France and drive down from St Malo, I used to pack either my sewing machine or scrapbooking kits with photos printed. My husband isn't a morning person so I could craft for an hour before he was ready for the day. We are heading off for a two week river cruise so I need to take something to keep my hands occupied. Last time went on a river cruise, I took a quit kit with me and cut all of the pieces ready to stitch up on my return. The only project kit I have is too big and heavy for my suitcase.

So far I've packed Spring Quaker by Primrose Cottage.


And Christmas Tiny Town by Heart in Hand. Let's hope this is chosen for my September Guild UFO challenge.

I also have a knitting project planned but first of all I need to find where I put the printed instructions!! That was simpler than I thought, the pattern was in the same room as my wool stash. The skeins need to be wound into yarn cakes before being packed.

No comments: