Friday, August 11, 2023

Purple Stevie dress

 

I bought the pattern for the Stevie dress at Guthrie and Ghani last August along with two fabrics to make up the pattern. Feeling guilty, I started the dress just before going to the same store this year.



I made a toile from an old duvet cover and found that the dress was much too short for me. No one needs to see my knobbly knees. I added 5" to the length and that made it the perfect length for me. I need to learn to smile in photos and not grimace at my husband's rubbish attempts to take a photo of me.


I didn't have any buttons for the fastening so hot footed it to my local store and found a pretty good match. I also bought a button for the second version in a dark denim. I finished the hand sewing on my birthday so wore it to go out for lunch. Paired with sneakers and a denim jacket I thought it worked for smart casual.

Whilst looking for a hairbrush, I found this Kipling bag which was a gift from a friend who was decluttering and it's the perfect match.



The weather was intermittently rainy and windy on my birthday but some sewing, a nice lunch, tortoise hunting and reading a good book, made it a good day for me.



No comments: