Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Mini sampler blocks

 


I am still stitching along with the Mini Block Sampler with Art East Quilting. I was home last Monday between Festival of Quilts and a trip to London, but I needed to assist an elderly relative with medicines and then later that same day, sit in A&E where excellent service was given but I just needed to recover from my time in Birmingham. 


So last week's fly block wasn't stitched until this week. To be honest a fly block didn't inspire me to stitch but when the tree was released this week, I thought mistletoe!! I think it's a successful conversion.



And then block 33 of 49 this week was nice and straight forward. I have now finished all the blocks with this background fabric. We are two thirds of the way through the sewalong. Yeah!!


I tried to source some of the grey bumbleberries fabric which is from Lewis & Irene. Apparently, there are lots of different greys but Greenhill Patchwork has told me to get in touch and they will check all of their stock which was very helpful.


I did top up my Ruby Star Society stash at the Festival. The top two fabrics are canvas for bags. The moonglow was a fat quarter stack prize from A Beautiful Thing. It was lovely to meet Jo and her husband. We even manned the stand for about two minutes whilst Jo dashed to get some zips from Purple Stitches. The middle column of fabric was my additions to my RSS stash from Jo and Lizzie bought the butterflies. For every Moda purchase made you received a raffle ticket for a raffle and a gift too. The little zipper pouches are just the right size for my charging cables and one plug.

No comments: