Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Gathering Stitches

I was very pleased to finish this piece last week. Gathering Stitches by Luminous Fiber Arts was stitched on 32 count line in the colour cream and Sugar from Fiber on a Whim using candy Apple by weeks Dye Works.



Yesterday I framed the piece myself using a charity shop find painted by my husband with blackboard paint. I am pleased with how it's looking. I'm now keen to stitch another red work piece. 

I contacted Sue at Peakside Needleworks last week for some recommendations of suitable modern patterns of a reasonable size. Amongst Sue's recommendations were Bower Birds by Hello from Liz Matthews and Heart in Hand 2023 Collector's Heart. This chart comes with the linen, thread and limited-edition button so it's ready to go and I think I will start it today. Once I've worked out the size of the piece, I should get hubby to prep another frame. I love the fancy frame pictured in the pattern but only have plain frames in my charity shop purchases.


We will be off to Scotland in a week's time so I should prep a couple of projects to take with me, just in case I have time to stitch.

No comments: