Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Prepping for our trip

 

Whilst most people would be busy packing clothes if they were going on holiday in a few days time, I am busy prepping projects to pack. My travel project is the 2023 collector's heart by Heart in Hand which is perfect as it came as a complete kit. I've even found my travel scissors and a needle case and it all packs up neatly.



The big sew off is happening on Monday and there are four hour bookable sessions at Sew Confident in Glasgow so I have booked us in for 10am until 2pm. I need to prep two projects for this event where we get to use the shop's sewing machines.



My main project is the Stevie dress by Tilly and the Buttons. I made this recently, so the pattern is traced, and I just need to cut out the fabric and interfacing. I should interface it at home too. I even found the matching button that I purchased last month, stored safely in the project wallet.


Just in case I achieve that in less than four hours, I am going to die cut shirting fabric to make my son two cushions to go in his new home. Friends have been VERY generous with shirting from their stash and I've pulled two shirts out of Matt's wardrobe to use the front of the shirt on the back of the cushion. No need for zips or snaps this time. 


There has been a tortoise trail in aid of Durrell zoo in July and August so I have also been chasing down the last few tortoises out of the 115 total. Just three more to catch. It was a lovey day when I caught this one and you could clearly see the coast of France one the horizon.


No comments: