Monday, August 21, 2023

Maple & Eucalyptus 1 to 50

 

We are already halfway through the Maple & Eucalyptus sewalong and I'm keeping up so far. I was a few days ahead of schedule, so I have taken the opportunity to now sew these five rows together and put another WIP on my design board. However, I will need to restart stitching blocks and I hate to fall behind schedule.


I did find just a few Alison Glass fabrics at the Festival of Quilts. We were also on the lookout for pretty labels to make up our own Advent Calendars for this coming Christmas. we were more successful with this than we had expected as there were more dressmaking stands this year.


I knew that I mainly needed turquoises and blues for my Maple & Eucalyptus quilt but also ordered a few more along with a large pair of the Karen Kay Buckley scissors from Sew Hot's sale.


I think the colour progression is working well and I'm trying to use all the fabrics I have to hand but I also wish that I had a few more choices!! I pick out the fabrics one block at a time to make sure not to use the same fabrics in adjacent blocks. Sometimes I get it wrong and have to move the blocks around, but that's fine by me.


No comments: