Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Work in Progress Wednesday - Mystery Quilt 2021

 


It has been fun sewing along for twelve days with Laundry Basket Quilts. Visit Edyta's blog here to access the instructions and videos. If you scroll down each post there is a printable pdf of the instructions.

The blocks have been straight forward starting with four patches and big half square triangles and moving on to more complicated blocks. 


My Accuquilt 8" mix and match set has been invaluable in cutting the blocks quickly and accurately. I was pleased to incorporate some of the fabrics from the Love Lily collection by April Rosenthal for Moda Fabrics which is released this autumn. I have also made a start on Hay Babe by Sew Quirky and used them in that project too.



I did a little unpicking on these pinwheel blocks as I wanted the stripes all going in one direction and it took a little more time and concentration but it was worthwhile.




I will admit I don't now have much low volume dotty / sprinkle fabrics left so I now need to order some fabric to fill in the background squares left now that the piecing of the blocks has been finished. I have pieced together some of the blocks into sections of rows as I went and I love how the middle of the quilt is looking so far. I really need to focus on my entry for the Festival of Quilts so this is going to remain on my design wall for the next two weeks and then I'll order the fabric to complete it.



No comments: