Friday, May 07, 2021

Friday finish - April cottage

 


The April Cottage by Country Cottage Needleworks was my last finish for April. I need to think now about how I'm going to frame them. I have a frame from a charity shop but having tried to paint it, it looks worse than ever. A new plan is needed. 

I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed by the UFOs that I want to work on this month as my progress on my May JMQG UFO Challenge piece is slow. I have decided to be more focused on individual projects rather than doing an hour a day on multiple projects. The first project to focus on is my challenge piece. I now have the structure of the border stitched on three side and I will work on joining the borders today. On Monday I will start on block 6 and Tuesday, I should be able to finish the whole piece and fill in the flowers in the border.

At the weekend I'm going to work on my economy blocks and Summer sampler turns 10 to get them ready to quilt. Fingers crossed.


No comments: