Wednesday, May 12, 2021

WIP Wednesday - economy blocks

 


I will start by saying that I love my design wall and it is perfect for laying out project like this an then pinning one row at a time. Last week I finished stitching the quilt top together and then I asked my daughter to dye me a quilt back. I have a bolt of Moda white and in the spirit of using up my stash, I didn't have to buy a backing.


Lizzie made a lovely job of dyeing the backing and I rinsed it twice in our washing machine and hun it out to dry. It's amazing how long it took to dry on a breezy cold day. This is destined for After Breast Cancer as a fundraiser so I went with an all over heart design using a pink and brown variegated thread from Superior Thread.


What to choose for binding? Red hearts from Love Lily by April Rosenthal or the leftover backing? Instagram friends agreed with the red hearts which I cut, joined and pressed yesterday. I am pleased that I have made good progress but yesterday went a little pear shaped with a 5am call from my aunt to say she'd called an ambulance. I was allowed in to see her briefly and then had to go home and wait. She had an X-ray an has cracked a bone in her elbow in her dominant arm. The hospital were excellent and we returned at 1pm to collect her still in her pyjamas and we were allowed to use the ambulance entrance and she is now in respite care until she can care for herself. She is 91and copes with most things by herself.

So my plan today is to get this bound and finished. Then this afternoon we have to go for Covid PCR tests so we can visit K in the home.


No comments: