Saturday, December 21, 2019

December knitting goals

My hubby had a partial knee replacement on 25 November and whilst the knee is doing really well, other bits are showing signs of age so he ended back in hospital fo ive days. This has totally thrown me off my plan and another op is being scheduled for January in Cambridge. I googled and there are at least three fabric shops in Cambridge.

I set myself a few goals for December and I have been keeping up. My advent project of the Habitation throw by Helen Stewart has ben calming and I have started most days, opening my advent calendar, sharing a photograph on Instagram and then sitting down for 90 minutes to knit the yarn into the throw. We are now at day 21 and I am keeping up but think I may need to add at least one mini skin into the mix to finish the project.


I also found the pattern for a bandana cowl on Ravelry which I knit from some stash yarn purchased in Barcelona. It was the correct yardage but I had to finish the pattern about four rows early. It will still be useful for a Midlands cold winter on a motorbike. And I don't think Matt can complain about the colour.



For the traditional Christmas Eve cast on with Danni from Little Bobbins, I plan to cast on socks for my hubby as he has used the previous pair I knit him a lot whilst in hospital.

No comments: