Friday, February 08, 2019

Improv Xmas tree finish


I started this quilt in December using a tutorial by Amy Smart. I purchased some extra Christmas fabrics from sewhot.co.uk.



I love the mauve feathers. I initially thought that I would make a square quilt.



However I changed my mind to make a rectangular lap quilt. A bit of moving blocks around my design wall, I made one more block and it was soon together.



Distributing the red blocks around the quilt was challenging and I ended up with two adjacent red trees. I then quilted it using a trees pantograph from Anne Bright.



I like the the mix of fabrics by different designers including Me and My Sister, Tula Pink, Aneela Hoey, Cotton & Steel and more. I then machined down a red stripey binding for another finished project in 2019. I am pleased with this quick finish, however I seem to have cut every tree the same, so much for being improv.


The backing was a piece from stash designed by Eleanor Burns. There's just enough left to back one further small project.












No comments: