Friday, February 15, 2019

Greenhouse table runner

I should be working on items for our local Eisteddfod that need to be handed in on 2 March, and this is the easiest of the projects. This is more of my Elizabeth Hartman blocks, this time from the Greenhouse pattern. I thought I might work on it at the Jersey Modern Quilt Guild sewing day tomorrow, but once the blocks were out and the setting strips cut, it was a quick finish.


First job was to sew the blocks together.  I then quilted it on my Bernina just outlining the blocks and then stippling in the background.


Then trimmed up and a striped binding applied to pull the colours together. I had this done for Wednesday so that I could stitch down the binding at my morning group.


I think it has turned out well. I have since  been working on my Quilter's Planner blocks as we have all of the pattern and if finished that would reduce my sewalongs to three.

1 comment:

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

I love all the bright colors in this project! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2019 global FAL hosts.