Monday, October 23, 2017

Stitched sewing organisers

I love a good sewalong but dithered about joining this one based on the book by Aneela Hoey. My friend Jane offered to purchase the book for my birthday but I decided on another book so I only bought the book just before the sewalong started. There have been two projects to complete so far. The first was the handy fold up pouch and the second which I completed on Sunday was the green tomato pincushion.



I sewed the handy fold up pouch in the fabrics that I used for Lizzie's going to university quilt. I am not sure what she will use it for but it might be useful to pop in to a handbag if she ever used one!


This week's project was the green tomato pincushion. Mine looks more like a flat peach! I used some Tula Pink fabric and a scrap of felt from a felt kit. This project was very fiddly for something so small.

This week's project is the project tote. I have chosen some Essex dyed linen and Alison glass fabric and ordered the interfacing needed from sew hot. My order should have been dispatched on Monday and I have photocopied the pattern ready for when it arrives.

No comments: