Thursday, October 05, 2017

Butterfly quilt along

After the disappointment of not getting the Butterfly kit on my birthday due to the incompetence of the shop and their computer system, I have been waiting for the release of Alison Glass's fabric line called diving board. This was released at the end of September and I received a fat quarter stack last week. I dived into the stack and started with some easier blocks as the sew along started on 1 August.


I a, already out of some fabrics as I haven't realised that fat quarters wouldn't suffice. So I have to reorder some fabrics and others I have changed to similar fat quarters from my stash. I hope this gives it an eclectic look rather than a messy look.


Block one called intersection and I included a screen printed fabric from Helen Steele which I purchased at Festival of quilts.


Block 2 is called Chunky cross and I have finished eight of the 10 blocks. Again I need to order some more fabric to finish these blocks.



And finally block 11 called flying geese #1. I love the neon pink on cream background fabric for this block and I am sure I will order more of this one even if I don't need it for this quilt. It comes in a couple of other variations.


No comments: