Sunday, September 06, 2015

Sunday Stash - Harrogate edition

Molli Sparkles


A quick update on purchases at the WI Centennial Show in Harrogate and some online purchases that arrived whilst I was away.
 
 
 
In the craft area of the show there was lots of fabric, but I resisted. At one point I was holding two bolts which I put back. However I did succumb to two balls of wool from West Yorkshire Spinners which are the Blue Tit (centre) and Bullfinch (right). I did ask on one stand if they had Blue Tit and I was met with a frosty reception. They obviously didn't know the limited range of  wools that they had on their stand which included many WYS wools, however around the corner, was the much more friendly Pendle Stitches. I then made this bag at the HP stand including a photograph of the said Blue Tit yarn. I also bought Crazy Zauberball in the colour Indisch Rosa from Jane's favourite shop - Eternal Maker.
 







 
This appalling photo shows  a purchase from Deramores, which I hoped would arrive before we left for Preston so I could continue knitting my socks. Despite advertising that they post out the same day, this parcel only arrived after we left on Thursday or Friday and was despatched on Tuesday. Very disappointing service and I could have saved myself money if I'd known that it wouldn't have arrived in time.
 
 


The I Want Her Stash Club has also arrived and I knew who had curated this bundle immediately. It's very me and was selected by Camille Roskelley and includes many fabrics from Hello Darling. I also received the bundle curated by Amy Sinbaldi, but it's too peachy and insipid for me. It will get used, but not as quickly as other bundles.

No comments: