Monday, September 07, 2015

ALYOF September 2015 - what was I thinking

This quilt has been in progress for about five years and was a book club pattern. I decided to use up Thimbleberries yardage and didn't have enough of either the cream or the blue so did half and half. I started quilting this after a Philippa Naylor course as there are feathers on some of the areas. Having decided to finish this as my September project, it was soon loaded on my long arm.
I thought I might rip it all out and use it as a quilting practice piece, however once I reminded myself that this will be donated to Project Linus, I decided to just unpick one zig zag that hadn't been completed. You may notice my markings on the quilt , which will need a wash once finished to get rid of the marks.
Whilst I was machine quilting this quilt on my Bernina, I obviously thought it was a good idea to trim away some of the excess, which made loading it on the long arm, a little bit of a challenge. I then found the greater challenge was moving the machine smoothly and I found that my bar was too low and was restricting the movement of the machine. My son was kind enough to fix that whilst I was away.

So even though this is my September goal, I have already finished quilting it, it has been fully trimmed and any ends sewn in, ready to be bound. The next challenge is to find the red version of the green stripe for the binding. At last this quilt may get finished.

No comments: