I hadn't intended to make a social tote for my partner as she requested a sewing machine cover. I selected a pattern from Quilty Fun and have just sewn on the binding at a UFO day when I thought I'd pop it on my sewing machine to try it for size. Talk about a pimple on a ball of cheese. Too small by a long way. So it got chucked in the cupboard in disgust and I made the tote instead.
I then set about making a social tote as my partner had liked them in the group Flickr stream. However last week whilst helping with the Eisteddfod adjudication, I picked up this WIP to take it along and hem down the binding during quiet periods. It was soon complete and is now a mat to go under my partner's sewing machine with little pockets to hang down at the front.
The sewing machine mat is just an extra as I also made a sewing themed Zakka trivet. The gifts are now heading towards my partner who has not commented on two of the items so I hope she's not disappointed.