Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sewing Room swap goodies received

 
Whilst the posting date for this swap was at the beginning of September, stuff happens and my partner had to move her family of nine with one month's notice. I can't imagine coping with a family of nine, let alone finding time for myself. I've found myself chasing my tail recently, but I seem to have come out the other side and after unwrapping my parcel of goodness from Lisa yesterday I caught up on four months of bank statements. Tomorrow I'll start on the credit card statements. How did I get so behind?
 
We had to send our partner a "large" item and a "smaller" item for their sewing room taking into account their fabric preferences. I think I asked not to receive an ironing board cover but requested a sewing machine cover. Tick. Have a look at the first item out of the parcel. I think the background fabric used is Essex linen paired with V & Co's Simply Style range which I have also used recently.
 

 
The second item was an embroidery hoop with a hand stitched saying which co-ordinates with the cover. This is, I believe available as a free pattern on http://www.sewmamasew.com/ but I can't access the website for a direct link at the moment. I picked up an extra seam ripper at the Knit & Stitch Show so this is definitely me.
 

 
The lucky girl that I am, there was more - a coordinating basket. And it even has a firm bottom to it.
 
 
And then there was even more - lots of lovely scraps. Other people's scraps are always more interesting than your own. I particularly like the polar bears and the two text fabrics. Text fabrics was something I was looking for at Knit & Stitch and all I managed to purchase was three Fat Quarters. And I mustn't forget the two reels of Aurifil thread and some large Lifesavers. Or what we call Polo Mints.
 
 
Tomorrow I'll have a customer quilt to share with you and I have yet to share what I sent to Cindy for the Sewing Room swap.
 
Linking to:

4 comments:

Clare Mansell said...

This is such an amazing collection of goodies - well worth the wait! :-)

Diane-crewe said...

wow! AND she made all that while coping with her family .. and a house move! DOUBLE wow xx

Joanne said...

What a brilliant haul! I think that saying should have been written for me yesterday!!!

Lorraine said...

What a fantastic parcel such lovely things, lucky girl