Wednesday, October 30, 2013

FQR quilt bee October

Yippee the last of my October bee commitments is finished. I think Carol's blocks that I have seen so far are going to make a lovely quilt. Carol's brief was it was to be two blocks - one of the theme of "It's a Wonderful World" and one filler block from the low volume fabrics she provided.
 
I offered to do an owl or feathers and Carol chose feathers. This is a pattern from the Forest Quilt along hosted by Shape Moth and Juliana.
 

For the filler block I went with a simple random log cabin block. I added a couple of my own Zen Chic fabrics and some strips again from the FQR scrap strip swap.
 
 
I think the two blocks combined look good. I hope Carol likes what I've done.
 
 


4 comments:

Anne said...

Those feathers are gorgeous!

the running hare said...

These are fantastic Sue! They will go beautifully with the others.

Liz DandeliondD said...

Gorgeous blocks Sue.
Your feathers are magnificent.

moira said...

just fab