Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Connections

At the Saturday workshop I also made another 241 bag. Using an echino bicycle print in pink (Eternal maker) paired with the natural Essex Linen (Village Haberdashery) I added a drak grey / black accent print and a fun city map print for the interior also in pink and also from the Village Haberdashery.



All of the fabrics were purchased whilst at the Alexandra Palace Knitting and Stitching Show with Claire. I used heavy woven interfacing to give body. For my first 241 bag I used wadding to firm up the strap but for this one I used a strip of the linen with the interfacing. it has a lovely firm but flexible feel due to the four layers of fabric and interfacing.

I have one more set of fabrics that I bought for another 241 bag, but I must start a project for Simply Solids which has a deadline of the end of November which seemed so far waya a few weeks ago. :)

And there is a connection between my 241 bag and this blog hop, which you'll have to come back on 13 November to see.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

gorgeous it was too