Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Matthew has been away since last Saturday so the house is much quieter. It was an early start as he had to be at the airport for 6 am. I have got back to my long arm quilting and finished quilting Cynthia's building blocks quilt. Next up is Val's pair of appliquéd quilts.


New Projects:
The fabric arrived from the FQR Kinky bee Miss July - Linda. It's a Denise Schmidt selection. I've never seen this range before as it's mainly been available from Joann's, a US Store. Linda asked for two 12.5" freestyle square in a square blocks. Initially Linda thought she might like  a bit of wonk in the blocks, but she changed her mind. I finished both blocks and they are ready to be posted along with the August fabric as I am Miss August.

Finished projects
I finished Linda's bee blocks






I also sewed down the binding on my July Schnibble - Reveille from "another bite of Schnibbles". The backing is some hand dyed fabric found in my pile and the navy binding is left over from the backing of last month's Schnibble.

Fabric is Reunion by Sweetwater for Moda


Ongoing Projects:
I have also been working on my Farmer's Wife Quilt - I finished three blocks. Just 10 to do to complete all 111 blocks and I have now completed over 100 of the blocks. The end is in sight but progress is slower.

110 wood lily

62 Peace & Plenty

76 sawtooth


Back-Burner:
Hopscotch
Christmas stars
Hope Love and Friendship by Rosalie Quinlan
Hexy MF
Rainbow stars

This week's stats:
New projects - 1
Completed projects - 2
Currently in progress - 6

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Great Bee blocks Sue!

Melissa said...

Your blocks look great!

Sara said...

The grey and peach block is a match made in heaven--adorable!

One of these days I am going to start on the FW quilt

Your blocks for FW are coming along nicely and only 10 to go??? Amazing!

Michele said...

Beautiful work! I love your Schnibble :-) It looks like one I need to make :-)