Sunday, February 27, 2011

Vignette progress

Whilst recouperating from my day surgery op on Tuesday, it was the perfect time to stitch some more of this Block of the Month whilst putting my feet up.

The original uses a range of fabric by Lecien which is not readily available in Europe so I chose the following:
Patterned fabric - FQ stack by Moda called It's a Hoot by Momo
Script fabric - Sunkissed by Sweetwater for Moda
Spotted fabric - Moda essential dots in Lipstick
Background - Moda Marbles in baby white - although it is actually cream / off white

For the label I tried printing the pattern on to the fabric which I'd ironed onto some freezer paper. This worked reasonably well, but I hadn't realised the bounding box was 6" but the unfinished size was 7" so I've added in the turquoise frame to cover my mistake. Just a few stamens to add to the flowers in the label and then it will be time to trace the stitchery border. This I will be doing with Frixion pens which I saw on a blog which iron off. I have tested them on some scraps and they really do work. And you can buy them from Amazon.

No comments: