Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Needle case

We returned from Guernsey earlier than planned yesterday so I was at a bit of a loose end. I had seen a needlecase on Sew She Sews which I put together quickly using leftovers from the sail riggers bag in January. I took it to quilting last night, and I was helping with the demo, Anne, a new member, offered to hem the binding. the original pattern has the binding being machined on, but I didn't have enough fabric left over to make a 2.5" binding so it had to be 2" and handstitched.

Great news yesterday - I was picked as the winner of last week's sketch support challenge with my Blues Brother layout and have some lovely Jillibeans Soup goodies coming my way, including some lovely corrugated letters in pale blue (I love the green and white versions I already own).

No comments: