Friday, August 26, 2022

Fabric Friday


There's not much stitching going on here so I thought I'd share my purchases from Festival of Quilts and a side trip to Guthrie & Ghani.

I bought the floral linen and red circles from Rosenbergs at Festival of Quilts and the other three items were from Guthrie and Ghani. It's lovely to be able to see and touch the fabrics in real life. These are all dressmaking fabrics and as I'm a beginner garment sewer, I need help choosing. I also purchased a copy of the Stevie by Tilly & the Buttons. I plan to make this with the purple fabric which is made from nettles.


I bought some sparkly linen for cross stitch from Sparklies at FoQ, not that I've used the piece I bought last year yet.


At FoQ I collected some Tula Pink solid for the binding of my Havana quilt and some striped fabric from Purple Stitches - who doesn't love a striped binding? Hand printed fabric came from both Helen Steele and Colette Moscrop. I also treated myself to three metres of a navy Ruby Star Society for a future project and some £2 RSS from Me & My Fabric.


As there were train strikes on both the Thursday and Saturday with chaos on Sunday due to trains being in the wrong place, Lizzie and I did a shot trip into Birmingham for dinner and a side stop to TK Maxx which is next to Birmingham New Street Station where I bought two seasonal Rae Dunn Candles. We also stopped at Comptoir Libannais for dinner.


No comments: