Monday, June 06, 2022

Monday Make - Just My type


I have thoroughly enjoyed this sewalong and have taken away a few learning points:
1. Cutting the letter blocks whilst on holiday worked very well and on my return I stitched one letter block per day.
2. Check the height of your digital pantograph before starting to stitch. Malachite by Urban Elementz took up all of the throat space on my machine so after the first pass I just reduced the height of the pantograph by 10%
3. I was disappointed to run out of the pink border fabric but my substitution of the purple from the typewriter block works for me and means I haven't introduced another fabric into the quilt.
 


I have not kept to the timetable as you can see, but I am pleased to have finished the quilt on my timetable and one block a day was very achievable and on some days was my only stitching. I found only one error on the pattern which I passed on to the designer.


I love the typewriter block but I wish I'd introduced more contrast between the two dark fabrics but I chose fabrics in colourways suggested by the pattern. 




I used the Urban Elementz digital pantograph called Malachite which has been suggested many times for quilts I've seen discussed on Facebook groups so I purchased the design. I used a white Superior Thread on the top and Glide prewound bobbins also on white on the back.



I purchased this backing from Sew Hot when they were running a 20% off coupon and have enough for another backing and a Blazingstar cross body bag. I also used it for the binding. All fabrics are by Ruby Star society and apart from the backing were purchased from Olive & Flo Handcraft.

No comments: