Monday, June 13, 2022

Monday Make - happy stripes

 


I had another trip to Liverpool last weekend for the NFWI Annual Meeting. We also did some shopping, sightseeing and dining out. I met Gill on Thursday and was delighted to be able to return her Modern Quilt Club mystery quilt, all quilted and ready for binding.



I also finished the Happy Stripes quilt - pattern by Emily Dennis of Quilty Love. I took this project to the Modern Quilt Club retreat as a pile of 2.5" strips and 4.5" squares. I should have taken some extra fabric as some of my strips weren't usable. I spent a whole £2 on a lime green fat quarter to complete the quilt. I wish I'd used a bolder fabric for the star points but I'm happy that I managed to make the quilt from scratch, used up a lot of my scraps and destashed a whole bag of scraps, I even found a small piece of backing for the quilt. I had to overlap some wadding to make a piece big enough but it is fairly densely quilted so you can't feel where the overlap falls.



Then what to use for binding? Another leftover peice of fabric from the backing from another quilt and a quick machine binding for the win. All in all a great stash buster.

Quilting pattern - Malachite by Urban Elementz
Backing - fabric by Elizabeth Hartman

No comments: