Monday, May 09, 2022

Monday Make - project keeper

 

This is made using the Project Keeper pattern by Tiger Lily Designs . I love watching Youtube videos on stitching and more, Kari's videos are very high energy and she sells both made project keepers and the pattern for making one yourself.


I opted for a Tula Pink version with some OOP Tabby Road from one of my local shops for the inside and used Aurifil thread throughout. It was stitched on my Janome Atelier 7. Kari has two pocket options - a zippered pocket and a divided pocket for bobbins of floss. The way she divides the bobbin pockets and quilts the outside too, is very clever.

I chose a two zippered pocket version and I quilted the outside fabric with a Karlee Porter design. I used No 5 zippers which were larger than used in the pattern as the vinyl came up a little short. A zipper size was not specified in the pattern.



I used my favourite snaps to close the project keeper and even fussy cut the tab and it just about matches the front of the bag. The pattern comes with a link to a private video tutorial from start to finish. My observations are:

* Size of zipper should be specified
* The whole pattern was written in uppercase which is more difficult to read and means that spellcheck doesn't pick up spelling and grammar mistakes
* The back of the slip pocket is interfacing so I added a second layer of fabric to make the slip pocket as nice as the rest.

No comments: