Friday, May 06, 2022

Friday finish - just my type


For the sewalong, the plan for May is to make eight letter blocks. as you can see, I tried so hard to do things in order, but then I added in the easy i and l as well as the heart for a quick finish. There are borders to go around each letter so my plan is to cut these during May and add them when completing the June blocks. I need to work out the distribution of the five different fabrics first as I have changed the placement of the yellow blocks as shown in the pattern.




I am using three different colours of neutral speckles by Ruby Star Society and allocating them in order - 1a, 2b, 3c, 4d and so on. I have been cutting out at least one block every morning and my design boards have come in very useful for keeping the pieces for each letter together. All of the pieces look very similar for all of the blocks.


Then I tack down the letter square (provided in the pattern) to the top left of each block. Particularly confusing are b, d, p and q which have exactly the same pieces. 


 I have taken the pattern, fabrics and cutting tools on holiday with us to Amsterdam so I can continue to cut one block a day and perhaps even the borders. I can then quickly sew up the blocks and it wil be ready to work on at the Modern Quilt Club retreat in four weeks time.

No comments: